24/7: (49) 3212 373 23 78 office-ebert@email.de

Probate procedure in Germany – special questions 5

 Where can I renounce the inheritance?

The competence for this lies with the basic court where the heir has his/her residence.

If you live abroad, you can declare the renouncement with the German Consulate of the country where you have your residence.

From the institution where you declare the renouncement, the declaration will be sent to the competent court.  

You should consult a competent lawyer also, before you renounce the inheritance. 

If you have an issue with German Inheritance Law, we can assist you in English. You find our contact details here

Dr. Donat Ebert

Dr. Donat Ebert
Lawyer (D)

File name
Link to
  Open new windows
  Rel nofollow