German pension after divorce – special questions 12

German pension after divorce – special questions 12

We have already described that spouses have to share the pension rights after the divorce, if one of them has acquired a pension in Germany during the marriage . It is irrelevant where the divorce took place and according to which foreign law (not German law). 

I signed some paper that I renounce my share of my „ex“´s pension. What now?

This depends. For one thing, such act of renouncing has to happen in a formalized way, for example in front of a notary or in a court procedure. And here it is very questionable, whether a non-German notary and a court abroad will be accepted for this. For another, you should have got some compensation for going without your share of the pension. 

So signing just „some paper“ is definitely not enough. 

We will check, if you have a claim in Germany towards the pension rights of your ex-spouse. And if we come to the result that you have a claim, we will enforce that for you before the German courts.

Thus we can probably considerably improve your old age benefits, maybe even secure your old age through a guaranteed pension from Germany. 

If you think you might have a claim, you can contact us here. We are happy to assist you in getting what is yours in Germany. 

Dr. Donat Ebert Rechtsanwalt - Lawyer (D)
Dr. Donat Ebert
Rechtsanwalt – Lawyer (D)
Dr. Donat Ebert

Dr. Donat Ebert

Ügyvéd - Rechtsanwalt (HU, D)

File name
Link to
  Open new windows
  Rel nofollow