24/7: (49) 3212 373 23 78 office-ebert@email.de

Constellations of pension rights equalisation in Germany, third case

Two constellations of pension right equalization were described already. Now let us take a slightly different constellation: 

A German citizen lives abroad. let us say in Hungary. S/he pays from Hungary into the German pension fund, for what reason ever (s/he is for example seconded from Germany). The Hungarian spouse does not work – brings up the children, whatever. After some time they get divorced in Hungary, where the German system of sharing the pensions is unknown. 

The German ex-spouse does not return to Germany, but goes to a third country, where s/he picks up his/her after-marital life. 

The Hungarian spouse can ask for the equalization of pension before the court in Berlin-Schöneberg. 

It is irrelevant that the divorce happened abroad. 

If you have an issue in this context, you can contact us here

Dr. Donat Ebert Rechtsanwalt - lawyer office-ebert@email.de

Dr. Donat Ebert
Rechtsanwalt – lawyer

File name
Link to
  Open new windows
  Rel nofollow