24/7: (49) 3212 373 23 78 office-ebert@email.de

Constellations of pension rights equalisation in Germany, second case

The basic constellation of pension right equalization was described already. Now let us take a different constellation: 

A German citizen lives abroad. let us say in Hungary. S/he pays from Hungary into the German pension fund, for what reason ever (s/he is for example seconded from Germany). The Hungarian spouse does not work – brings up the children, whatever. After some time they get divorced in Hungary, where the German system of sharing the pensions is unknown. 

The German ex-spouse returns to Germany, where s/he picks up his/her after-marital life. 

The Hungarian spouse can ask for the equalization of pension before the court, where the German spouse has the residence. 

It is irrelevant that the divorce happened abroad. 

If you have an issue in this context, you can contact us here

Dr. Donat Ebert Rechtsanwalt - lawyer office-ebert@email.de

Dr. Donat Ebert
Rechtsanwalt – lawyer

File name
Link to
  Open new windows
  Rel nofollow